Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Start of Something Great

For Christmas I received a wonderful present, a book called "The Vegan Table" by Colleen Patrick Goudreau. In it are beautiful vegan dishes which have inspired me to make these dishes and try them first hand.


So for the next month or so that is just what I will do.
Dish number one… 1/12/2011 dinner.
Harvest-Stuffed Acorn Squash page 235 and Home-Fried Potatoes Page 95


For the Harvest-Stuffed Acorn Squash, I used black sweet rice to give it that dark purple color.
The rice and acorn squash are very tasty because of the pecans, raisins, and dates mixed in with ground ginger and cinnamon spices. 
If you do make this dish note that I used a few different ingredients from the recipe so it will not look the same but the taste will be very close.

No comments:

Post a Comment